Altered book project
To be honest I kind of dreaded this project and felt a bit insecure in the making. In the end though I must say that I am rather content.
The idea got born before the research existed when i wen to the local charity shop here in Seven Kings. I found this old traveling book for smaller and bigger cities in England. The color, and kinda of "rustic" old look of the maps really caught my eye.
I looked into a couple of different artists using books to make art:
Lisa Kokin "I alter, appropriate, and combine text from books about religion, history, self-help, business and sociopolitical ideology. I am fascinated by the random juxtapositions of words that occur when parts of text are removed to create other stories, or when texts from two sources such as business and religion are combined. It gives me great pleasure to subvert the original meanings of books which were written to keep people in their place, and to do it with humor and levity."
I found a vidoe about Li Hongbo called making art out of paper:
which is worth a watch.
Went through the website
which goes through 30 different artists and their altered books.
Went through the clasic pintrest and google searches as well.
In the end I decided to build my own map of my own country and looked into Grayson Perry's maps.











Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar