tisdag 13 maj 2014

Coloring in book

Children coloring in book

I started out by looking into some artists who do illustrations/write for children books.


Tanja Bauerle " After many years, I escaped from the corporate arena of design to pursue my love for children’s book illustration. I ventured out and started my own Illustration and Design business in 2003. Since then I have worked on many various illustration projects with my main focus being children’s illustration.
I have illustrated three picture books and am also illustrating the “Wright on Time” middle grade series.  My books have won a variety of awards including the Bronze Medal for the 2011 Moonbeam Children’s Book Award, the 2010 Arizona Book Awards and the 2008 and 2010 Annual International Latino Book Awards. "

Roberta Baird "Hello there! I am a children’s book illustrator from Houston Texas and I love books!
I love the way they smell, the way feel in your hands, the nifty colors. I love big books, small books…. all kinds of books!"






I kinda quickly realized that this was the wrong path to take completely doing a catastrophe project. I started looking into hurricane stories, tsunamis and different other kinda big catastrophes around the globe. We decided in our many group meetings and huge facebook group conversation(over a thousand messages), attached in the pdp. To go for a more different take and view of what catastrophes are. 

I started looking around at other artists for different styles and other stuff that I liked to get ideas for drawings and backgrounds and just generally to inspire me. I also re-read a bit in some old comics from where i like the styles of line drawings. 

Takehiko Inoue
Vagabond (バガボンド Bagabondo?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Takehiko Inoue. It portrays a fictionalized account of the life of Japanese swordsman Miyamoto Musashi, based on Eiji Yoshikawa's novel Musashi.
It has been serialized in Weekly Morning magazine since 1998, with the chapters collected into 36 tankōbon volumes by Kodanshaas of October 2013. Viz Media licensed the series for English release in North America and has published 35 volumes as of March 2014. Vagabond won a 2000 Kodansha Manga Award and the 2002 Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize, and has sold more than 82 million copies worldwide.



Kentaro Miura
Berserk (ベルセルク Beruseruku?) is a manga series written and illustrated by Kentaro Miura. Set in a medieval Europe-inspiredfantasy world, the story centers on the characters of Guts, an orphaned mercenary, and Griffith, the leader of a mercenary band called the Band of the Hawk (鷹の団 Taka no Dan?). Themes of isolation, camaraderie, and the question of whether humanity is fundamentally good or evil pervade the story, as it explores both the best and worst of human nature. Both the manga and anime are noted for their heavy violence.







Hajin Bae is an illustrator, graphic designer and art director living in Seoul, Korea. In her most recent collection of works Hajin has begun to incorporate two dimensional frames, perfectly complimenting her brightly colored portraits. Often working with fashion photographers and creating illustrations for magazines, Hajin says that these bold and lustrous pieces are her gift to you.








Florencia Mir is a 22-year-old self-taught illustrator from Buenos Aires, Argentina. 'I work mainly with traditional mediums (mechanical pencils, colour pencils and watercolour), and I’m currently experimenting with digital ones. 









One image from a series of works from Chicago artist Steve Seeley is an exploration of man/superhero and his animal counterparts. Steve's superhero characters live in a world where the animal kingdom is on the rise. Here, the whole gang is painted together in your typical family portrait style complete with natural background designs. Steve combines traditional comic style illustration with a new and creative look into these characters lives



Dela Deso is the digital death, grime, infected empty eyes and melting flesh re-mix illustrations of Richie Velaquez.  Specializing in zombified photos of celebs, street style and half-naked women, Deso's re-created dripping, oozing illnesses and diseased skin portraits put a refreshing spin on all of those stupid dumb 'regular' photos we're so used to looking at. Muerte mas Muerte.







Born in 1988 in Madrid, Elia Fernández began studying fashion design in 2008 only to discover that her true passion was illustration, switching directions in 2009. She then began studying at school 'Arte 10' in Madrid. Elia is truly connected to what she is creating, stating that she paints with sensitive colors, providing a source of surreal thought for her audience. Elia mentions the concept of synesthesia, intending to blend or confuse the senses of her viewers. Elia now works in Den Haag, Netherland. 





Originally from Seoul, Korea, Jungyeon Roh is a NY based illustrator. She's won two gold cubes from Art Directors Club and silver medals from the Society of Illustrators in both N.Y. and L.A.  Drawing on both Eastern and Western experiences, Roh’s work, primarily in silkscreen, has been featured in Communication Arts, Print magazine, American Illustration, 3x3, CQ and CMYK, among other major publications.  The New York Times, Movado, and Playboy are among her clients.




Graf Illustration creates simplistic graphite portraits that have undeniable charm. These alluring female images have a natural visual pull, close-cropped at eye level, inviting the viewer in.


"Daniel Krall emerged from a small farm in Fontana, Pennsylvania, where his artistic roots were watered by comic books, animation, and big-sky colorways. After learning every line of country life, he moved to the city and earned a BFA from the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore, where he now teaches illustration."













Are some among many artist that I looked at for this project and in general for inspiration.
In the end I found inspiration from my own life to come up with the ideas for some of the drawings and general things that I think and read a bit about like pollution for example.









sketches by me digitally with tablet. 








And more to be found in my sketchbook











Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar