Before this I didn't know much about artists who specialized in psychedelic art but I have always been fascinated by it.
I started looking at different artists such as:
Wes Wilson Wes Wilson was one of the best-known designers of psychedelic posters. Most well known for designing posters for Bill Graham of the The Fillmore in San Francisco, he invented a style that is now synonymous with the peace movement, psychedelic era and the 1960s. In particular, he is known for inventing and popularizing a “psychedelic” font around 1966 that made the letters look like they were moving or melting.
Victor Moscoso Mososo was a formally trained graphic designer who borrowed from comic books, Victorian images, Art Nouveau, and pop art. He used the concept of vibrating colors to create the ‘psychedelic’ effect in many of his pieces. The vibration is achieved by taking colors from the opposite end of the color wheel, each one having equal value (dark to light) and intensity (brightness).
I also did the classic google search and looked at a lot of different posters and designs were the artists where unknown. Some examples:
The name of the festival is "Hur gör djur" which in swedish means something like "How does animal do it?" so they wanted a poster with something to do with animals. Reaserched some animals with the classic google search for monkeys, frogs giraffes and different other animals. See sketchbook.
Final image:










Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar